Saturday, March 21, 2009

Villarreal - 6pts E/W Champions League - Ladbrokes - 28/1


As much as it pains me to write this (being an Arsenal supporter), Villarreal are value in the Champions League 2009 Market. Although we are down to the last eight, some bookies are still offering E/W terms of 1/2 1,2. I've therefore backed Villarreal at 28/1 (2pts E/W) at Ladbrokes.

Villarreal are currently 4th in La Liga. The win part of the bet is a fair price, but I can't see they are a 14/1 chance to make the final - I'd make it a an approx 8/1 chance (it is 10/1 on Betfair) . They should not be significant outsiders against Arsenal and there is always the possibility that Porto will beat Man Utd in the other Quarter Final. I asked Ladbrokes online for 4pts E/W but they restricted me online to 2 pts E/W. I've therefore but the 4pts E/W on at one of their shops! (Making a total of 6pts E/W).

P.S. I've also had 1.5 pts on Dunfermiline to win the Scottish FA Cup at 28/1. I think this should be a 14/1 chance.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good to know you support the right team Chris! Keep up the good work.