Thursday, April 09, 2009

Justin Rose to lead after Rnd 1 of Masters - 40-1 - 2pts


To do well in the Masters, it is critical you are experienced around Augusta. Therefore it is no surprise to find the leader/joint leader after the first round for the last three years has been been the same player (Justin Rose). Can lightning strike a fourth time? There is no reason to think not, which is why I'm having 2pts at 40-1 on Justin Rose leading after Round One.

In the outright market I have already backed Mike Weir at 80-1. I am reasonably happy with this bet. I don't like to have more than one bet in any event, however if they make a reasonable start I'm considering having further bets on Phil Mickleson (9-1), Sean O'Hair (66-1) and Nick Watney (50-1) (who also has an excellent chance of leading after Round 1 at 40-1). Karlsson could make a play for top European at 14-1.

1 comment:

Jason said...

Nice thoughts. Wish I'd seen this earlier so I could be on it.