Saturday, September 20, 2008

Strictly Come Dancing - Cherie Lunghi - 25/1 (Outright) 7pts, 14/1 (Top Female) 5pts


The most critical attribute for winning Strictly is the ability to dance. After week one, it will be clear who can (and cannot) dance and the markets will react accordingly. Therefore, to be ahead of the game, I have backed Cherie Lunghi in the outright and top female markets.

She studied ballet when she was younger, so is likely to have the aptitude for ballroom dancing (and hence unlikely to go out early). Her age is a concern (winners are typically younger), but, being an actress. she is relatively glamorous. Whether the public take to her as a person is a difficult call (as it is for all entrants - much will depend on how the BBC choose to portray her).

I have had tho place my bets at several bookmakers as most had limits on the bets I could place. The strictest limit was Ladbrokes who insisted on a max £5 (=0.2 pt for me) bet for me online/over the phone..... so meant I had to go to shop where they don;t seem to be so strict on limits and place 4pts (£100)!

No comments: