Sunday, June 25, 2006

Wimbledon Mens - S. Grosjean (150-1) 3pts Win, Gonzalez (400-1) 1pt Win (Betfair), Agassi 250-1 (Totesport) 1pt Win

Federer is rightly the favourite for the Men's Chamionship. However, he has a tough draw in the first quarter and it would not be a massive shock if went out in an early round. For that reason, I'm swerving him at 1-2.

The 2nd and 4th quarters are both weak - I can't see it is very likely that the winner will come from either of these quarters. However, at 250-1 I'm having 1pt on Agassi to roll back the years... there are cetainly worse 250-1 shots (as short as 50-1 in a place)!

For my other bets, I'm concentrating on the 3rd quarter. This is a tough quarter containing both Hewitt and Roddick. However, I'm not convinced either are at their best at the moment, so I've selected as my main bet Grosjean at 150-1.

Grosjean has excellent Wimblenon form (two 1/4 finals and a semi-final in the past 3 years and is a more than fair price.)

I can't resist 1 pt on Gonzalez (who has a reasonable Wimbledon record) - he is a short as 50-1 at conventional bookmakers!

No comments: