Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Darling to say "sorry" in 2009 Budget Speech - 5pts - 8/1 - Extrabet

This is a hard market to call (both for bookies and punters alike). I have a feeling (and it is no more than that) that politically it might make sense to use the word "sorry" in his speech. He could say the word in many ways, i.e. "I'm sorry that the opposition feels that way about my excellent work" or "I'm sorry that my predictions last year make me look like an idiot now".

"Sorry" was used by Gordon Brown last week to put a lid on the last scandal and could again be used in this speech. Ladbrokes were going 7/1 - they are now into 4/1. Extrabet opened at 10/1 (which I missed).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris,
Are you thinking of laying off a bit of the Dunfermline bet?

christrinder said...

If Rangers win on Saturday, I;ll probably let the bet ride. If Rangers lose, I'll think again on Saturday night!

mouldhouse said...

Ladbrokes were 20/1 when this market opened - quite a price!