Saturday, June 27, 2009

F1 2009 Championship - Mark Webber - 12pts win -33/1

After 8 of 17 races the standing are as follows:

01 Jenson Button 64
02 Rubens Barrichello 41
03 Sebastian Vettel 39
04 Mark Webber 35.5

(Trulli is next at 21.5)

I think the F1 Championship is now between the Brawn and the Red Bull Drivers. Red Bull Bull have made signficant progress with their car, as demonstrated by their 1-2 in the British Grand Prix. With less than half the season gone, it would not be impossible for one of the Red Bull drivers to overtake Button in the Championship (although clearly Button is still by far the most likely winner).

However, I'm very suprised to see the differnec in price between Vettel (10-3) and Webber (33-1). I've given a lot of thought and I really can't see why they are so different in price. I'd have made the book:

Button 1/3
Vettel 7/1
Webber 9/1
Barrichello 40/1

I therefore think Webber is great value at 33-1 (complements my 50-1 on Button and 125-1 on Barrichello). I've had to be imaginative how to get £300 on - I was restriceted at virtually all bookies to a few pounds. Fortunately, William Hill allowed me £3 max. online and £100 without question in cash in their shops. If you are going to cut off winning punters, at least try and do it consistently across all channels!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like this bet and have backed 12points at padpower. however, one of the reasons that webber is longer is that he's due further surgery on his leg before the next gp. something to consider but the red bulls should be well placed after the next two races to allow layin off

Anonymous said...

any view on where to go with this bet following hungary? i didn't back button or barrichello so webber is my only bet at present. with hamilton looking good today, could he be value at 33s?

christrinder said...

I don't think Hamilton is value.... he is 51 points behind... so he will probably need Button to score very few more points and both Red Bull drivers to avereage 3 pts or less per race. Both eventualities possible, but not likley.

On the downside, McLaren are planning to stop development of the car now, focussing on 2010.

If Hamilton wins the next 2 races, I'll back him at the 8/1 he wil probably be then.

Anonymous said...

cool - is webber a lay now at current prices? keen to secure some kind of win out of the 33-1!