Tuesday, December 27, 2005

One Knight - Gold Cup Ante Post Bet

I've spent a reasonable amount of time looking at the Welsh National. I think although it is a competitive race, the winner is likely to come from the first three in the betting (One Knight, Cornish Rebel and World Wide Web) with Crystal D'Ainay as a possibility at a bigger price.

I considered a series of combination trifectas or exactas (on the first three in the betting) , but, as an alternative I've decided to back One Knight (Ante Post) E/W for the Cheltenham Gold Cup @ 40-1 (Stan James)

I'm having 1 pt E/W and hoping that he puts up a good performance. My one worry is that he might not make to Gold Cup, but @ 40-1 it is probably worth chancing. I also considered a similar bet on Cornish Rebel.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not so keen on your ante post Gold Cup tip - personally I prefer Cornish Rebel. There must be value against KK - but I'm not sure what with. If Beef or Salmon could act around Chelt - but he doesn't appear to enjoy Chelt. What are your thoughts on the other main Chelt races? The Champ hurdle looks wide open - I could see the same 1,2,3 as last year - but perhaps a different order. Are all the Irish hurdlers good - what about Arcalis? He looked super at Newcastle and will be even better at Chelt. What would be your Champ Hurdle tip?

christrinder said...

I certainly wouldn't put anyone off backing Cornish Rebel. I think he may have less scope for improvemnet than One Knight but is much more lileky to make the Gold Cup lineup.

KIcking King may of coures win, but I agree that there must be good E/W chances against him.

Beef or Salmon would never have a penny of my money at Cheltenham.

RE: Champion Hurdle, there are probably 5 pr 6 in with a reasonable chance. If you forced me to have a bet now, I'd back Arcalis, but I'm going to save my money for the day.