Monday, December 26, 2005

Speculative Scorecast Bet - Sportingodds.com

Sportingodds have a special offer where, if you get only half your prediction correct (i.e. either correct score or 1st goalscorer only correct), you get your stake refunded.

I strongly fancy Liverpool to win to nil (given Liverpool's stromng defensive record and Newcastle's poor attcking record). I considered taking the 6-4 on this with Bet365.

However, with Sportingodds.com's special offer, I've gone for something more speculative i.e. a scorecast bet

Liverpool to win 2-0 seems the most likely scoreline (4 in the last 7 games) - without this special offer, this would have been my only bet. As for a 1st Goalscorer, this looks very open so I am going for Xavier Alonso.

I'm therefore having 1 pt on the Scorecast (2-0, Alonso) @ 50-1

No comments: