Sunday, May 27, 2007

Monaco Grand Prix - is a shock going to happen?

If there ever is to be a shock in a Grand Prix, it is likely to be in Monaco. The tight curves and (potential) rain means that an upset is always possible. Who can forget Panis in 1996? For this reason, I've placed 0.5 pts (in total), spread across the following drivers, all at 1000-1 (!) (on Betfair)

Jarno Trulli 1000 £2.00
David Coulthard 1000 £2.00
Heikki Kovalainen 1000 £2.00
Rubens Barrichello 980 £2.00
Jenson Button 1000 £2.00
Ralf Schumacher 1000 £3.72
Alexander Wurz 1000 £2.00

This is in addition to the Hamilton (F1) /Wheldon (Indy 5000) double at 16-1 I placed midweek.

If the rain doesn't come, I think the winner will come from Alonso/Hamilton. I'd make the betting a lot closer - Hamiltion at 5/2 is a fair bet. Alonso will probably lead to the first corner, but 4/6 is no value on him for Monaco. Hamilton could easily be carrying more fuel which could give him a critical edge in this race.

In addition, those laying Massa at 12/1 on Betfair could look at little red faced in 3hrs time.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

your terrible

christrinder said...

I think you probably mean 'you are terrible'. If so, while I admire the concise nature of your comments, could you perhaps give me a little more details on your thoughts?

It would be evem more helpful/impressive if you placed your comments before the events. :)

Anonymous said...

It's a well known fact amongst therapists that all criticism is in fact self criticism.
So I have to agree with the poster that you are a shocking punter ;)

Chris, been enjoying your blog for a year now, are the bets you place the only ones you make, I ask because there often seems to be none for days or weeks.
Any chance of a 'results to date' update, just so I can be certain how poor you really are :)

christrinder said...

The bets I post on this blog are virtually all the bets I make (i.e. > 95%). I might make the occasional small bet at the racetrack, but nothing significant.

I've resticted the no. of bets I make due to work commitments and the wish to focuss on what I think are clearly profitable bets.

I'll make a half yearly update at the end of June....it is not going to make very happy reading!

Bizzarly although the outcome has been worse this year, analysing my bets I think they have been bettter than last year! Ah well...