Saturday, June 02, 2007

Epsom Derby - take on Authorised with the O'Brien horses.

Authorised is a short price favourite for this race. This based on it's victories in two key trials (Racing Post Tropy, Dante) - however, there were not strong fields for both races. He should like the trip/ground, but Epsom is a unique course so I am happy to take him on.

I seriously considered laying Authorised for a place at 3/1 with William Hill or backing O'bRien to have the winner at 2/1, but instead I've decided to back the O'Brien runners with the following 2 bets

- 12/1 to have the first 2 home (2pts)
- 40/1 to have the first 3 home (0.5pts)

I will have the follwoing horse running for me:

Archipenko
Eagle Mountain
Soldier Of Fortune
Admiralofthefleet
Mahler
Yellowstone
Anton Chekov
Acapulco

If O'Brien can't decide which will do well, I'm not going to try and second guess him! (However, I think Achipenko and Eagle Mountain have the strongest chances, as indicated by their prices).

1 comment:

Stuart Doyle said...

dbHi Chris - great blog. Authorised won well but think your logic was 100% correct. It is a long run game though....I have just startedmy own blog and wondered if you would like to swap links. intelligentsportsbetting.blogspot.com

Good luck and I would love to hear your comments

Stuart