Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Is Todd Carty the new John Sargeant?


After being 'cruelly' robbed with my bets on John Saregent, I'm backing Toddy Carty to win Dancing on Ice (DoI). I've paid little attention to DoI and hence have missed the 'fancy prices' (66/1) but after last weekend's performance (see below), he surely is in with a great chance.

I believe Toddy Carty could have momementum to win this competition. The conventional widom is that 'joke' candidates lose (at best) in the final but I think Todd Carty can defy this. Possible downsides are a withdrawl (c.f. John Sargeant), injury or the public giving up on the joke.

I make him (at most) a 5/1 chance. I've had 5 pts (£125) at 20/1 (across several bookies due to limits on my accounts).

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=R40z-PAjzBA

2 comments:

Rob Barnes said...

Hello Chris, how do you now see your bet from 26th Oct (just after Redknapp left), for Portsmouth to be relegated?

I managed to get the same 50/1 as you, and I see it can now be laid at 7/2 on Betfair.

Are you sticking it out to the end on this one though? I'm tempted to stay put myself.

All thoughts appreciated,

Rob

Anonymous said...

29/1 available on betfair.