Saturday, August 15, 2009

Premiership - Stadium with Most Goals - Emirates - Boylesports - 9/1 - 4 pts


The record for the Premiership Ground with the most goals is as follows:

2008-2009 Hawthorns
2007-2008 White Hart Lane
2006-2007 Emirates
2005-2006 Highbury
2004-2005 Highbury
2003-2004 White Hart Lane
2002-2003 Highbury
2001-2002 Highbury
2000-2001 Stamford Bridge
1999-2000 Old Trafford

I have highligted the Arsneal grounds - they have had the most goals 5 of the last 10 years. Wenger has not changed his attacking philosophy in teh opast 10 years so I don't think there is any reason why the Emirates shoudln't be strong favourite. I think the 9/1 on the Emirates seeing the most goals is excellent value.

I tried to have 10 pts on the Emirates at 9/1, but was restricted to 2 pts.

3 comments:

Jason said...

I think this is a good bet. I wish I had seen it before the season started though!

christrinder said...

Jason,

Apologies, putting up bets in the last hour before the season starts is not of much help (unless you were are by a computer at the time and either had an RSS feed or coincidentally have looked at my blog at that point).

I have been very busy at work this week and didn't have time to post all of my Premiership bets. Most of my bets got posted pre-season - the posted bets are the ones I am going to include for my P + L for this blog (don't want to be accused of 'aftertiming'!)

In addition to the posted bets, I managed to place the following bets (but didn't have time to post them i.e these are the ones I won't be including on my P + L)

6pts Portsmouth to be relegated 5/1 (tried to have 10 pts)

3pts Ancelloti to be August Manager of the Month - 1.5pts 6/1 1.5 pts 11/2 - very sweet on this as the combination of the easy August fixture list for Chelsea, the fact he is new Manager and winning the Charity shield should all work in his favour - I'd make him a 6/4 chance.

2pts Hull, Burnley and Portsmouth to be relegated

I am thinking of getting a Twitter account to post my bets. What do you think?

Jason said...

Hi Chris,

In this case, I hadn't noticed the time you posted - I posted that message because I was away from my computer all day and thus missed it.

Personally I don't use Twitter and have no interest in doing so, but I'm sure there would be some that do.

I do think Portsmouth look a good bet to go down as it stands.