Monday, November 05, 2007

Where will Alonso drive in 2008?

First of all, apologies for not updating my blog recently. You may know that I work in IT, and I've been very busy plnning/executing a Datacente move that happened last weekend. Hopefully I will actully have some evening/weekend time now!

The main bets I hve missed out on our Fabregas FGS/Anytime bets....

Regsrding the 'Where will Alonso drive in 2008?' market, there are several possibilities:

McClaren - no chance
Ferrari - unlikley, now that contracts with Raikkonen/Masa have been signed
BMW Sauber - unlikely - would require a BMW driver going to Mclaren
Williams - possible, in conjunction with a Rosberg -> McClaren move
Renault - possible, but could stumble on Briatore's demand for more than a one year contract
Toyota - unlikely, given he has already turned down an offer, but still possible
Red Bull - ubnlikely, given size/performnace of team

I think the other teams would be too small.

The value bets are I belive Alsonso taking a year in the US before returning to Ferrari in 2009. I've had 1pt each on Nascar (1000-1) and Champcar (1000-1) (Betfred). Mansell made the transition in the 80's and either of these moves could act as a year 'filler'. Champcar is proably the more likely of these - Bourdais seat is free, and Alonso could be a winner again.

For those of you who don't believe in 1000-1 winners, have a read of this.... and think why my blog is so named!

http://www.p2pbetting.com/Articles/2005/April/Markethighlights/tabid/803/Default.aspx

6 comments:

Jason said...

I guess this market must have been taken down, I can't find it anywhere. Certainly a very very good value set of bets there.

James said...

Great idea... but I'm confused, I don't see this bet on offer on betfred. Have they pulled it or am I a bit stupid?

Anonymous said...

Lot of value there, and it does sound like something a toys-from-pram-thrower like Alonso would do. Couldn't see the market on BetFred.com though

christrinder said...

Unforatuntaely, it isn't availible online - you have to call Betfred.

Anonymous said...

down to 50s today. obviously didn't get involved!

christrinder said...

50-1 is about right... not much difference in % terms, but quite a lot in absolute terms!

Renault is looking the mostly likely, if Alonso can be persuaded to stay more than 1 year.