Saturday, January 05, 2008

Everrton to win FA Cup 4pts E.W 25-1 Ladbrokes


Ladbrokes are taking a stance by going top priced about all the shorter priced teams in the FA Cup.

I think the market has misjudged Everton's chances. They have a strong squad, an execellent manager in David Moyes and have demonstrated their form this season. (They are going well in the Premiership, UEFA Cup and Carling Cup). Moyes is likely to field a strong side in the FA Cup and Everton are surely overpriced at 25-1.

They have a relativelty straightforward home tie against Oldham. I appreciate that the top 4 have dominated this competition for the past 12 years, but I although I am keen on trends I just can't make Everton 4 to 5 times the price of the big 4. For a start, Man Utd have a tricky away tie against Aston Villa and are I far from convinced Liverpool have an easy tie away to Luton.

I've had 4 pts E/W on Everton at 25/1.

Result: Everton went out in the 3rd Round -4 pts

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bad luck on this one. I think 25 was a generous price. How about Spurs now? They have an away replay which is quite a common way to progress from the 3rd round (draw at home, win the replay). Spurs would have to be at least 25 now. Best time to place it is ahead of the draw (13:30 Monday)