Sunday, February 22, 2009

NASCAR - Jamie McMurray to outperform expectations


I believe Jamie McMurray has been underrated by the bookies. He performed well in the second half of the season last year and I am confident he will make the 'Shoot Out' for the top 12 drivers with 10 races left. I've therefore backed him at 66/1 (4 pts E/W) for the Sprint Cup Championship. The 'Big Three' of Busch, Edwards and Johnson are rightly the clear favourites but I believe Jamie McMurray is amongst the strongest drivers behind them. I'd have made him a 20/1 chance (which is what he will be if he wins tonight).

I think McMurray will start a run of good performance tonight with a strong drive in the Autoclub 500 at Fontana. He is on the front of the grid (having qualified in third). McMurray can follow up his strong performance last week at Daytona when he was running in fourth when taken out in the big crash. I've had 2pts E/W at 20/1 - I'd make him a 10/1 chance.

No comments: