Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Grand National Preview




I am a great fan of the Gerand National (from a betting perspective) as it is a race which follows trends strongly. Thius makes ist relatively easy narrrow the number of possible winners down to a handful of runners (despite the likely 40 entries). Following these trends, my two against the field are Slim Pickings (20-1) - 2pts win and Point Barrow (20-1) - 2pts win.

Interestingly, following these trends, a substantional number of the horses that have leading chance are Irish. I've therfore had 1 pt at 50-1 (Ladbrokes) on Irish having a 1-2-3. These bets are in additional to the 20-1 I have on Cloudy Lane (now a 12-1 chance) whcih, after studying the trends, I am actually not that keen on!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

grand national should be easy pickings for veterans n great for newbies...like me..