Sunday, October 26, 2008

Portsmouth to be Relegated - 8pts - 50/1 - William Hill


I've just had 8pts on at 50/1 at Hills. Should be much shorter... 16/1 maybe? Only 9 games into season and with Redknapp gone and (reportedly) financial problems, if they have to sell players in the January transfer window Portsmouth could implode.

P.S. I know the bet says 4pts - I had a further 4pts on while I was writing this up as the more I thought about it, the better value I thought it was.... maybe 10/1?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

nice blog.

Can a p/l be found anywhere?

Rob Barnes said...

Good spot. I see Hills have moved it in to 25/1 now, but 50s still available at Boylsports.

christrinder said...

I do a P/L at the end of each year - check back at Chrismas time! There is a P/L in Dec. 2007 ... I think approx. 50% is my memory serves me right.

Anonymous said...

I disagree.
Before the January transfer window, they have W. Ham twice, Wigan, Hull, Sund, Black, Brom, Newc, Bolt, Liv and Ars.

33 points availble, will get at least half so say 17, add to their 14 already is min 31 before tranny window. Only 12 more needed really there on in.
Could easily get a capable manager too. I'd want at least 100-1 here but good luck.

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris
my maths tells me your maths is pretty close on this one, good luck.

btw - you hit the bar with the Beckham bet in January. I posted the comments at the time about leaving the Hollywood lifestyle - seems he has managed to keep everyone happy!

Jason said...

Same question again Chris - time to lay in your view?

christrinder said...

Difficult to call this one, but at a lay price of 8/1, I'd be inclined not to layoff.