Monday, December 31, 2007

British or Irish Trained Arc winner - 6/1 - 12 pts - William Hill


British and Irish Trianed horses have won 7 of the last 20 including 5 of the last 10Arcs. This increased domninance by British and Irish horses is primarily due to the increaed strength of the Coolmore and Godolphin breeding companies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prix_de_l'Arc_de_Triomphe

The French older horses in training in 2008 look nothing special. Therefore I think the price for a British/Irish winner should be approximatley even money - the 6/1 at William Hill looks a great bet. I've had 12 points, the max they will allow me.

(I have confirmed with William Hill that Saeed Bin Suroor's horses will be classfied as British trained.)

Congratulations to William Hill for actually being prepared to lay a proper bet (unlike many of your competitors - you know who you are!).

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

might find you have a problem with that one - they've told me it should have been evens!

christrinder said...

If they try and claim this is a palpable error, I will be straight to IBAS.

It is not an obvious error until you do the analysis (current status, past history) - that is not a papable error in my view.

I am hoping William Hill will stand by this bet - I've had no contact from the, so I am reasonably confident.

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris, got your message on pb.com but would prefer to keep my response on here.

Generally speaking, I would not fancy your chances in this dispute. I think there is a strong argument that this is a palpable error, the price is just so wrong and should be obvious as such to anyone with any knowledge of racing.

However, the fact that you actually contacted them to confirm the specifics of the bet make your case much stronger. Someone must have had to consult a trader or odds compiler at that stage and if they didn't spot the error they should honour the bet in my personal opinion.

Anonymous said...

I think it's time to get your barrister briefed. WH made a song and dance about this being a 2008 special - do they not care about their reputation?

Anonymous said...

Also the fact that WH limited your bet to 12 pts suggested they weighed up the risk based on the 6/1 price.

Anonymous said...

Heard a whisper they plan to pay out on this bet Chris, would wait and see if I were you.
goodluck

Anonymous said...

Heard a whisper you may be getting paid on this bet Chris, wait and hold is my advise.
good luck