Saturday, May 24, 2008

Lock in Profits on US Presidential Election - back Hillary Clinton 17/1


I've decided to lock in my profits on the US presidential election by backing Hillary Clinton at 17/1 for the Presidency at Betfair. I now have backed all the leading runners at double figure prices - the only runners I don't have going for me are 200-1+ in price so I'm *hoping* I have the field just about covered!

The make up of the RBC committee will meen that Clinton gets a significant proportion of the Florida/Michigan Delegates at the RBC Committe Meeeting on May 31st. (The RBC Committe will want to at at least partially seat the Florida/Michigan delegates). This will enble her to keep a low key/cost campaign running until the Democratic convention in August - she will be hoping that either something comes out about Obama's past or he says something ill-advised between now and then.

In addition, the longer she stys in the race, the more leverage she has to try to get the VP poisition (if she wants it) for a Presidential run in 2016.

No comments: