Saturday, May 17, 2008

McLaren to win 2008 Constructors Championship 2008 - 8pts - 6.5/1, 2pts Kovalainen 100-1



After 5 races (from 18), the current standings in the Constructors Cha=mpionship are as follows:

01 Ferrari 63
02 BMW Sauber 44
03 McLaren-Mercedes 42

Ferrari are still clear favourites, but with 14 races to go it is still all to play for. Typically, the probability of teams increase/decrease by signficant amounts during the season. This is due to:

- teams making improvements to their cars at different rates
- there are DNFs during races
- tracks and temperature suit teams differently

I think Sportingbet are taking a chance at making McLaren 7/1. In the last race, McLaren were clearly making progress towards to Ferrari. The next two tracks (Monaco, Canada) should suit the McClaren. I've therefore had 4pts on McLaren at 7/1 at Sportingbet and 4pts on McLaren at 6/1 at Betfair (after commission). The Betfair bet will give me the opportunity to trade if, as I expect, McLaren make progress.

Kovalainen has beeen unlucky in the Drivers Championship so far. He is almost certainly too far behind to win the championship, but I can't resist 2pts on Kovalainen at 100/1. Just I shame I can't find anyone doing E/W betting on the Drivers Chmapionship!

01 Kimi Räikkönen 35
02 Felipe Massa 28
03 Lewis Hamilton 28
04 Robert Kubica 24
05 Nick Heidfeld 20
06 Heikki Kovalainen 14

Update: Post Monaco qualifying. I've had a further 2pts at 6/1 with Stan James on Mclaren

No comments: