Sunday, July 26, 2009

Newcastle to finish bottom on the Handicap - Championship (Scratch)



Newcastle are a club in disaray at present. To restore sanity to the club, owner Mike Ashley will need to sell. However, at present the bids are not to his likling. Until a sale is made, it is likley Chris Houghton wil reamin in charge and there will be no new players bought. I am suprised to see Newcastel favourites to win the divsion - I think that a mid-table position is most likely (at best).

I've therefore backed Newcastle to come bottom on the Championship handicap at 14/1 with Skybet. They are off 'scratch' meaning they give up points to all other teams in the division. I think this is an excellent bet = I'd make it a 7/1 chance at most. The only concern will be a another team also doing unexpectedly very badly (as Charlton did last year to scupper my QPR bet). I tried to have 12pts at 14/1 on Newcastle finishing bottom of the handicap, but was restricetd to 4pts.

I missed the 18/1 yesterday... I wasn't expecting the market to move and Newcastle managed this casue this by losing 6-1 yesterday.

N.B. Don't confuse this with the 'Outright Handicap Market'!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Winner of this heat is likely to be whichever team is deducted the most for going into administration in the course of the season, isn't it? Football won't matter much.

christrinder said...

Very good point... although isn;t the rule that any team going into administration after relegation is assured has the points deducted from the follwoing season.

Anonymous said...

Well done on being the best betting blog on the net. Almost all your selections are worth giving lots of thought to and I end up betting more than half of your selections.

However I completly disagree with you here, I would much rather be backing Newcastle to win the championship at 6/1 than coming bottom of the handicap.

I am having 5 points on at 6/1 :) We will se who is right come the end of the season.

Keep up the good work.