Tuesday, July 21, 2009

SPOTY (Bet #2) - Tom Daley - 200/1 Bluesq - 2pts


I've tried to restrict the number of bets I'm having on SPOTY (hence not backing Flintoff at 33/1, now 5/1), but I can't resist having a second bet on SPOTY 2009 (to go with 8pts on Jessica Ennis at 33/1). Tom Daley has just won the Diving World Chmapionship - if the BBC choose to major on him in their SPOTY 2009 preview, he could be in with a reasonable chance. 200/1 is an insult. I've had 2pst at Bluesq. (William Hill are 3/1! (which is laughably short).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

agree the price is too long, but just can't see it happening unless english lose the ashes, button loses the F1 crown, and even then he'd still be a long shot. i'm passing on this one.

Jason said...

Thanks Chris - Bluesq down to 10/1 and suspended betting on him within 30 minutes! Managed to get some on Coral at 100/1

christrinder said...

I tried to back him at Coral at 100/1 but they only would only let me have £2.... if I was going to get any more on, I'd have to go to a shop by which time the price would have changed.

I make him a 25/1 shot, so the 50/1 is still value.

Anonymous said...

Surely he'll win "Young SPOTY" instead of the adult one

christrinder said...

Interesting point, I think he'll probably go for the main award as he previously has won the Young SPOTY award in 2008 but I can't be sure...

I definately woudln't be taking short prices until this is confirmed.