Saturday, July 18, 2009

Open Golf - Outright Bet (after Rnd 3) - Bryce Molder - 2 pts E/W 50-1 (1/4 1,2,3,4) - Ladbrokes, 4 pts Win Betfair (75-1)


Bryce Molder was the final person I crossed off my Open list (at 250-1), leaving Stpehen Ames as my only bet. Bryce Molder has recently been in inspired form with some remarkebly consitent rounds. My concern pre-tournament was that having to play two rounds last Sunday would mean tiredness was an issue - this is claerly not the case.

With Stpehen Ames missing the cut, I've now decided to back Bryce Molder at 50-1. An excellent 67 today means he is on even par, 4 shots behind the leader Tom Watson. Molder has shown today he can handle the windy conditions, likely to be the case tomorrow. I had no doubnt links golf would not be an issue - he played reasonably well links golf in his Amateur career (picked this up in my pre-tournament research!)

I've also placed 4 pts win at 70-1 on Betfair, with a lay back at even money (I've been twice caught with Open Golf losing bets with players who have gone odds on at some point!)

5 comments:

Jason said...

Thanks Chris.

Just laying back the full stake, or more?

p.s. I only put 1pt on Woods to miss the cut, am gutted now!

christrinder said...

Laying back half the winnings, not just the stake. Good shout about Woods, I couldn't find the 16-1!

Jason said...

Molder is 55/1 1/5 4 at Skybet. Ladbrokes also appear to be 1/5 4 rather than 1/4 4?

christrinder said...

Looks like Ladbrokes have changed their E/W terms, however the 55-1 at Skybet (1/5, - 1,2,3,4) is not much different.. slighlty bigger on the win and slighlty less on the place.

Anonymous said...

I'm on him at 70-1 for top US Player (without Woods) Each Way at start of tourney