Saturday, March 08, 2008

Cheltenham Update (and tonight's boxing).

This blog has been a little quiet lately, the primary reason being I haven't found any bets worth having! Things should pick up next week with the Cheltenham Festival. I will be posting my bets each day - I probably won't put a full analysis, however I will keep a ruuning total of results with profit/loss for the meeting.

In tonights boxing, I think there is a great bet - I'm backing David Haye to win in Rnds 1-4 at 11/2 (Extrabet). I'm having 8pts on this outcome - I think it should be an approx 5/2 chance. I thing Haye has shown better form than Macarrinelli and should be a strong favourite. Haye is likely to try to win in an early rnd for the following reasons:

- to impress the American audience (who this fight is aimed at)
- he knows Macarinelli will grow stromger as the fight progesses (and could win on pts).

Result: David Haye win in the 2nd Rnd - 44ps win

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Call Chris - All the best for Cheltenham mate.

boycee

Anonymous said...

Another lucky guess ;)

Anonymous said...

A very good call indeed. I mistakenly thought it might go to a decision, but one look at Enzo as he climbed into the ring disabused me of that notion, and my grand plan to win the ticket price back.